Academic Media Services administers Washington State University’s service for web conferencing; Blackboard Collaborate
What is Blackboard Collaborate?
A premiere web conferencing tool, Blackboard Collaborate allows you to conduct meetings, class sessions, and other events in a collaborative session. Users are able to communicate through webcam/microphones, chat, and screen sharing.
- PC: Vista, Windows 7, 8 or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- Latest Java update
- Soundcard (standard on most computers)
- High quality headset w/ microphone – Microphone and Speakers, a headset is optimal
There are several help resources available to Blackboard Collaborate users:
- Search Collaborate’s Knowledge Base
- Visit Collaborate’s On-Demand Learning Center
- Visit Collaborate’s support page, where you can chat with their tech support
- Contact Collaborate’s technical support. Call 1 (877) 382-2293
- If you are in a Pullman GUC, contact Rob Baker, email@example.com